4.5.07

momma

what is the best part about going home to see your parents? free laundry...the comfort of letting your parents take care of you...most importantly, mom's cooking. my mom is one of the best cooks i know. of course im biased, but i honestly believe when it comes to korean food, she has all the korean restaurants in columbus beat. maybe it has something to do with the fact that she has been cooking for her father and her 5 brothers and sisters since the age of ten (her mom died in the korean war when she was 4) and she is now...well, shes been cooking for 50 years, you do the math, or maybe she just has a knack for cooking. whatever it is, it has spoiled me--and maybe that has resulted in my obsessive love for food. now not only are my mom's meals the best, but she offers to cook for me ALL the time. the first qustion out of her mouth is always "are you hungry? do you want mom to cook something for you" (yes she refers to herself as mom) never, "hows school?" or "are you ok with money?". no, my mom's only interest is in the belly and whether or not it is full. even if i stop by at midnight to pick up a load of laundry, she still will get out of bed to make me eggs or rice and kim.
i went home to other day, and even though its pretty simple (wait, korean meals are never simple) it was really good to have some of my mom's cooking.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

anyways,if i havent said it before i have the best mom ever and with mother's day coming up i've really been thinking about how much i appreciate having her in my life. love you mom!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that look yummy

Anonymous said...

i mean looks yummy

Unknown said...

Yummy is the word on my brain too.

PK said...

Korean food!!! Yum, yum, yum! There are some Korean food pictures that I took when I visited Korea couple years ago. Enjoy!
Korean Food